We are looking for a Sales and Business Development Executive. We need a pro-active, network-building team member to join us.
Dynamic Boards advertises Non-Executive Director roles. You might have heard that UK boards aren’t representative of society? Well, our vision is that UK boards not only represent society better, but that they become the most dynamic in the world!
We want to help boards find people they don’t know who can help them have an epic mix of skills, experiences and perspectives. That means we’ll have tech skills on boards, and marketing too; multi-generational boards, with a great mix of genders and ethnicities, with people who think differently and can collectively make great decisions.
Our mission is:
- to provide free access to board roles, and an inclusive and welcoming community
- to help companies get the word out about their board role to people who will make the board more dynamic.
Our business model is simple: we don’t charge candidates to view roles (like our competitors do, probably the most anti-diversity practice you could possibly imagine), we charge companies for advertising campaigns that we know will attract candidates that meet their brief to apply for the role. We advertise over 1000 roles a year from across the UK and across all sectors and types of organisations.
We launched in May 2020 and we are making a big impact with a small team: Sarah Pierman (CEO) and Bex D’Souza (Content Manager). We have more than doubled our revenue each year, we are self-funded (we haven’t taken on investment, this is something we could do in the future) and we have a proven business model with lots of happy clients and repeat business.
We are now looking for an additional team member to help sell our advertising services to organisations in the UK who are looking for new Non-Executive board members. Might that be you?
We have grown by word-of-mouth to date, and by Sarah speaking at several industry events. There is a huge potential for opportunities in this market that we haven’t tapped into yet! So far in 2023 we’ve had a 12% market share of the paid NED advertising market, and a 3.2% share of the total NED advertised market. So there is plenty of room for growth!
But, the bigger opportunity is with convincing organisations who have previously recruited informally (golf club buddies / friends of their accountant…) to choose to advertise for the first time.
We have gathered an extraordinary amount of data from the 4453 adverts that we have already listed. We are data rich but we haven’t had the capacity to make the most of this data yet! Whilst we don’t want to lose our relationship led sales approach, we also know we need to utilise the data we have gathered to optimise our approach. That’s where you come in!
Key things we expect from this role:
- Win additional advertising sales for Dynamic Boards.
- Building relationships with key intermediaries who may refer business to us (search firms, professional services firms, industry bodies etc.)
- Building relationships with Governance/ HR professionals.
- Building relationships with current NEDs and Chairs.
- Utilise our data to produce targeted sales campaigns.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll definitely have:
- Relationship building and networking skills
- Confidence in communicating with senior stakeholders (Chairs, CEOs…)
- Sales experience
- Business Development/ Partnerships experience
We’d be extra excited if you also have:
- Governance knowledge/ interest/ experience – you might have experience as a trustee/ board member in some capacity, or a knowledge or interest in the space.
All are welcome:
We recognise the value of diverse teams (read Matthew Syed’s book Rebel Ideas if you want to hear a refreshing approach to this). Many people working in the Governance / Non-Executive marketplace are female, and in their 50s/60s. Bex and Sarah are both female, white, and in their 30s. We bring quite different life and career experiences and skills, but even so we recognise we would particularly benefit from having a third team member who is different to us.
- Check out our website, watch our YouTube videos, read our blogs, and sign up to view our roles and see how we work.
- Time commitment: We anticipate this becoming a full time role. We are open to you starting part time and building to full time later, or starting full time. We are open to someone working part time hours over 5 days, or 3 days. We are flexible! Let us know your preference in your application. The vast majority of your hours will need to be within 9-5 given this is a client facing role.
- Salary: £24,000 – £35,000 FTE (depending on experience) + commission based on all sales over a base threshold. We have six monthly pay reviews, and we have more than doubled our revenue each year, so your earnings have the potential to increase rapidly.
- Health Insurance
- Flexible working – the majority of your work can be done from home. You must live within commuting distance from London and be willing to attend events in person in London. You must live in the UK to apply.
To learn more about us
- Sign up to DynamicBoards.co.uk, view the roles, see what our candidates experience.
- Watch our video interviews and discussions, they’ll give you a sense of what Dynamic Boards is like.
- Check out our LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Read Our Story and About Us on our website!
- Deadline for applications: 5th of December 2023, but we’ll start booking interviews before the closing date, so please do apply earlier if you can.
- We will acknowledge every application. We aim to make sure you hear whether you are through to the first round interview within 1 week of you applying. The first round will be an informal Zoom conversation with Sarah. The second round will involve you presenting over Zoom to Sarah and Bex (we’ll send you details beforehand).
- Apply – to firstname.lastname@example.org with
(1) Your CV – max 2 sides of A4 and
(2) A video – max 3 minutes telling us
– Why you want to work for Dynamic Boards?
– Why you’d be great at this role?
– What past experience you have in sales/ BD that will help you in this role? NOTE – you can send the video to us whatever way suits you. You can WhatsApp it to +44 7858 607797, or send it via WeTransfer, or upload it to a private link on YouTube, or send it another way. Whatever works for you.
(3) OPTIONAL EXTRA: If you wish to also provide more info in a covering letter (max 2 sides) you are welcome to, but this is not required.