Terms & Conditions
1. About these terms
Welcome to Dynamic Boards.
These are our terms of business. Together with the documents they refer to, they set out all of the terms of the contract between you and us, whether you use our Service or Site as a registered user, a guest, a recruiter, or an organisation.
We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page and we will notify you by email of any significant changes we make to them. Last updated, 21st October 2021.
2. Who We Are
- dynamicboards.co.uk is operated by Dynamic Boards Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11608149.
- Our registered office is at: C/O Golden Valley Accountancy, Unit 4, Westwood Industrial Estate, Pontrilas, Herefordshire, HR2 0EL.
- Our trading office is at: C/O Golden Valley Accountancy, Unit 4, Westwood Industrial Estate, Pontrilas, Herefordshire, HR2 0EL.
- You can contact us by email at email@example.com
3. About our service
- Our service is a platform for use via our website at www.dynamicboards.co.uk (Service), allowing individuals seeking non-executive director, board member and board advisor roles (Candidates) access to vacancies advertised by Organisations and Recruiters.
- Recruiters and Organisations are able to post current vacancies for board roles that are searchable by Candidates to allow them to apply.
- Our role is to provide a platform to facilitate this process, not to oversee applications. We are not party to any subsequent recruitment process or decisions made between Candidates and Recruiters or Organisations.
- We do not filter applications, nor do we operate a vetting procedure. We cannot take responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of information that our Candidates provide about themselves, nor can we make judgements about their suitability for roles they apply to.
- As part of our service to Recruiters and Organisations, we may contact Candidates directly to let them know about positions that fit their profile. If you are a Candidate and would like to opt out of this service you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Your responsibilities
- When you create an account with us, we ask you to choose a password to protect your account. You must keep that password safe and you must not share it with anyone else. If you think someone else might know your password, you must change it straight away. If we think you have failed to keep it secure we are allowed to disable any security information (including your passwords). We recommend that you change your password regularly.
- You are solely responsible for all actions taken on our Service using your account.
- When you create an account with us we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information about you, such as your full name and email address. That information must be true, complete and current, and you must ensure that you keep it up to date. You may not create an account with us using an assumed name or someone else’s identity. If we suspect you have done so we reserve the right to suspend or delete your account.
5. Use of the Site
- You have permission for use of the site (dynamicboards.co.uk) and our Service. We can withdraw or change our Service or site at any time without telling you and without being legally responsible to you.
- By using the site, you accept the terms and agree to follow them. You may only use the site as allowed by law and these terms. If you don’t, we may suspend your usage, or stop it completely.
- We frequently update the site and make changes to it, but we are not required to do so and material on the site may be out-of-date.
- The content available on our Service is provided for your general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. We exclude all legal responsibility and costs for reliance placed on the site by anyone.
6. Content provided to us for uploading to our service
- Our service includes uploading materials, including text, images and video, which Candidates will see. When this information is provided to us by you, you must ensure you follow our acceptable use policy. You agree to reimburse us for any costs or expenses we incur as a result of any breach of this term.
- You must ensure that you have all the necessary rights to use that material and share it with us and other users of our service. You must ensure that such material does not contain anything:
- Which is confidential;
- Which is unlawful, offensive, obscene, defamatory, or with tends to promote discrimination on the basis of a characteristic protected by law.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and Candidates a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute it. This means that we can copy it, distribute it, and show it to other people for any purpose. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Service constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other User, or written by any third party. We have the right to remove any posting made on the Service, at any time.
- The views expressed by other Users on our Service do not represent our views or values.
7. Rights you Licence
- When you upload or post content to our Service, you grant the following licenses:
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-confidential, royalty-free, transferable licence to us to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works or, display, your content in connection with the Service across all media including but not limited to, promotion of the Service; and
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to all Users to use the content for their purposes in connection with Service that will terminate upon the deletion of your content.
8. Our Intellectual Property Rights
- We own or are licensed to use the intellectual property rights in our Service, including our branding and trademarks. We grant to you a non-exclusive, revocable, royalty-free, non-sublicensable licence to use our Service in accordance with these terms for as long as your account remains active.
- You can download extracts of any page on the site for your personal reference, but not for commercial use. You must not alter anything, or use any illustrations, video, audio or photographs separately from the text that goes with them.
- If you breach these terms, you lose your right to use our site, and must destroy or return any copies you have made.
9. Your particular responsibilities as a Candidate
- Our Service is free for Candidates. If you wish to terminate your account with us then you can do this via the User details page, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- When you create an account with us as a Candidate, we ask you to provide us with information about you, including (but not limited to) your gender, ethnicity, board experience, skills and sector experience. We will use this information to (1) send you nudges about roles that you might be interested in, that fit your profile and (2) to ensure we are attracting candidates from a mix of backgrounds to the site. You must ensure that the information you give us is relevant, accurate and up-to-date. Recruiters and Organisations have no access to any of this information.
- Recruiters and Organisations will only be able to access information that you freely provide them with when you apply for a role.
- When a Recruiter or Organisation posts a role on our site, we may provide them with feedback that includes a summary of all who applied. This information will not be attached to your application, and will only be supplied anonymously and in aggregate.
- It is your responsibility to decide whether to apply for a board position, or whether to accept one. Dynamic Boards takes no responsibility for the quality and accuracy of advert wording, we recommend you do your own due diligence to ensure you are comfortable with the commitment and liability involved in accepting a board position.
10. Your particular responsibilities as a Recruiter or an Organisation
- All information provided for a Role post must comply with laws protecting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination.
- All Roles posted on our site must be adverts for:
- genuine vacancies at genuine organisations
- board member, non-executive director, board advisor, committee member or governing body member roles, or other similar positions. We reserve the right to judge this criteria on a case-by-case basis.
- part-time positions
- paid positions
- We reserve the right to remove or refuse to post any Roles that are in breach of these terms.
- If you wish to post a Role for an Organisation without stating the name of the recruiting organisation, you must provide us with evidence that this is a genuine vacancy at a genuine organisation. We reserve the right to judge this on a case-by-case basis.
- The fees we charge for our services are listed on our website. Indicative fees provided in personalised quotations are valid for 14 days from the date of submission.
- Our fees quoted are exclusive of VAT. Should VAT be payable, we will add it on to our fees.
- We will invoice for advertising services shortly after the closing date of the advert. In the event that you change the closing date after engaging our services, we will invoice on the date of the initial closing date.
- Payment of invoices are due within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- We do not offer refunds of any payments already received by us.
- For some client engagements, we may charge a success fee. Success fees are payable if the Candidate (or Candidates) you appoint was alerted to the role through Dynamic Boards. This could include seeing it on our website, our social media or being sent a targeted email encouraging them to apply. Where we charge a success fee, this fee will be charged when the candidates signs to accept the role.
11. Your privacy
12. Our rights and responsibilities, and Legal responsibility to you
- We operate the Service. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep the technology powering the Service operational, allowing for appropriate maintenance windows and acknowledging that a certain amount of unscheduled downtime is inherent in Internet based services such as the Service, and we will perform the Service using reasonable skill and care. We offer no other warranty in respect of the Service, and all warranties which would otherwise be implied into these terms by operation of law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted.
- We may add or remove features from the Service from time to time. We will use reasonable endeavours to inform you of changes to features of the Service likely to have a significant impact on how you use it.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of material on our site, use of the site and the content of the site is entirely at your own risk.
- If you are a Candidate, please note that we only provide our Service for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Service for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- You should always carry out your own research and/or take specific professional advice before accepting a board role.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Service or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We do not exclude legal responsibility for death or personal injury owing to our negligence, or legal responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else where exclusion is not allowed by the law.
- As far as legally possible, we will not be liable to any user for any of the following:
- Any loss to you arising from use of, or inability to use, our Service;
- Use or reliance on any content displayed on our Service;
- Loss of income, profit, sales, revenue, business interruption, data, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings.
- We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statutes.
13. Computer Offences
- If you do anything which is a criminal offence under a law called the Computer Misuse Act 1990, your right to use the site will end immediately. We will report you to the relevant authorities and give them your identity. Examples of computer misuse include introducing viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material.
- You must not attempt to get access to our site or server or any connected database or make any ‘attack’ on the site. We will not be legally responsible to you for any damage from viruses or other harmful material that you pick up via our site.
14. Links to Our Site
- You are allowed to make a link to our website’s homepage from your website if the content on your site meets the standards of our acceptable use policy. We can end this permission at any time.
- You mustn’t suggest any endorsement by us or association with us unless we agree in writing.
15. Links From Our Site
- Links from our Site to other websites are for information only. We do not control them and do not accept responsibility for other websites or any materials found upon them or any loss you suffer from using them.
- We change these terms from time to time and you must check them for changes because they are binding on you.
17. Applicable Law
- The Parties will use their best efforts to negotiate in good faith and settle any dispute that may arise out of or relate to this Agreement or any breach of it.
- If any such dispute cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations between the Parties, or either or both is or are unwilling to engage in this process, either Party may propose to the other in writing that structured negotiations be entered into with the assistance of a fully accredited mediator before resorting to litigation.
- If the Parties are unable to agree upon a mediator, or if the mediator agreed upon is unable or unwilling to act and an alternative mediator cannot be agreed, any party may within 14 days of the date of knowledge of either event apply to LawBite to appoint a mediator under the LawBite Mediation Procedure.
- Within 14 days of the appointment of the mediator (either by mutual agreement of the Parties or by LawBite in accordance with their mediation procedure), the Parties will meet with the mediator to agree the procedure to be adopted for the mediation, unless otherwise agreed between the parties and the mediator.
- All negotiations connected with the relevant dispute(s) will be conducted in confidence and without prejudice to the rights of the Parties in any further proceedings.
- If the Parties agree on a resolution of the dispute at mediation, the agreement shall be reduced to writing and, once signed by the duly authorised representatives of both Parties, shall be final and binding on them.
- If the Parties fail to resolve the dispute(s) within 60 days (or such longer term as may be agreed between the Parties) of the mediator being appointed, or if either Party withdraws from the mediation procedure, then either Party may exercise any right to seek a remedy through arbitration by an arbitrator to be appointed by LawBite under the Rules of the LawBite Arbitration Scheme.
- Any dispute shall not affect the Parties’ ongoing obligations under the Agreement.
- The English courts have the only right to hear claims related to our site, and all disputes are governed by English law.
18. Contact Us
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us about any issues.