Join the Dynamic Boards team!
We are looking for a Digital Administrator! We need an enthusiastic, detail-focused, data-loving team member to join our growing team.
Dynamic Boards advertises non-executive director roles. You might have heard that UK boards aren’t representative of society? Well, our vision is that UK boards not only represent society better, but that they become the most dynamic in the world!
We want to help boards find people they don’t know who can help them have an epic mix of skills, experiences and perspectives. That means we’ll have tech skills on boards, and marketing too; multi-generational boards, with a great mix of genders and ethnicities, with people who think differently and can collectively make great decisions.
We are a young start up, launched in May 2020, run by the co-founders, Sarah Pierman and Dr Scarlett Brown. Sarah became a non-exec director at 29 and sits on two boards alongside her role as CEO at Dynamic Boards. Scarlett did a PhD on how people make it to the boardroom and brings great expertise in all things governance and research. We are a pair of governance and data geeks!
Our mission is:
- to provide free access to board roles, and an inclusive and welcoming community
- to help companies get the word out about their board role to people who will make the board more dynamic.
Our business model is simple: we don’t charge candidates to view roles (like our competitors do, probably the most anti-diversity practice you could possibly imagine), we charge companies for advertising campaigns that we know will attract candidates that meet their brief to apply for the role.
Core responsibilities (what you’ll be doing from day 1)
- Digital administration of our website, including managing and updating content (i.e. blogs, roles, content).
- General business administration support: managing client enquiries, creating pitch documents, sending invoices, etc.
- Adhoc support for the co-founders (but we aren’t talking about you being our PA!)
Potential responsibilities (things we’d love you to learn about and take on over time)
- Research, plan and develop website content
- Data analytics and data management
- Social media management
Who we’re looking for
You’ll definitely have:
- Excellent attention to detail. We take pride in operating to a high degree of accuracy for our candidates and clients – our data relies on it!
- Data management skills – confident with Excel/ Google Sheets, and (basic) formulas.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT and digital experience (or be quick to learn)
- Ability to work flexibly.
- The ability to roll up your sleeves and be a fast learner. We’re a small, agile and dynamic team!
We’d be extra excited to hear from you if you have the following: (but don’t worry if not, you can learn on the job/ we can teach you!)
- Website editing and CMS Experience in data analytics, advanced maths/ use of complex spreadsheets or other analytics softwares.
- Use of mailing software e.g. mailchimp
- Digital marketing skills, inc. SEO, marketing automation software e.g. Mailchimp
- £22,000 per year, pro-rata (e.g. if you work 2.5 days a week it’ll be £11,000 per year). We expect to offer you more days within a few months.
- Min. 2.5 days per week (approx 20 hours) to start, with potential to become a full-time role within 6 months (we are growing fast). If you aren’t looking for a full time role, don’t be put off as we are open to recruiting a larger team. What we want is great people who want to grow the business.
- We don’t mind if you’d like to work strange hours (e.g. around caring responsibilities/ other work). That said, it would be helpful if you could work at least half of your hours between 9:00am – 5:00pm so we can work together. We don’t have a particular expectation of the age/ background/ education of the person who we are seeking for this role, so please trust us when we say we are open minded!
- Standard pension contribution.
- We are continuously seeking to improve how we operate, and whilst you’ll be the most junior person on the team (to start with anyway), we will want you to have your own opinions and to challenge our thinking and approach.
- This role has significant room for growth and development. If you love working with us, do a brilliant job, and want to work 2.5 days a week long term we’ll be delighted to have you. If you have huge ambition and want to develop in this role, end up 5 days a week, recruit your successor, end up with a Commercial Director role, we’re open minded about that too!
- We welcome applications from candidates that live anywhere in the UK, across all four nations. Sarah’s family is from Northern Ireland, Scarlett is from Wales, and we launched Dynamic Boards while both living in London.
To learn more about us
- Read Our Story and About Us on our website!
- Sign up to DynamicBoards.co.uk, view the roles, see what our candidates experience.
- Watch our video interviews and discussions, they’ll give you a sense of what we are like.
- Check out our LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Deadline for applications: 18th July 2021
- Optional informal chat – We are happy for you to get in touch and request a chat before you formally apply for the role. Email email@example.com. Please provide your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile so we can learn a little more about you before we meet you.
- Apply – to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV & cover letter. In the cover letter please tell us (1) why you’d be great at the role, (2) why you want to work for us, and (3) what excites you about Dynamic Boards. Your cover letter can be a video if you’d like: email it to us, or you can send it via WhatsApp to +447375926593. Don’t worry about your video quality – we just want to hear what you have to say!
- Interviews – Stage 1 – informal chat with Sarah, Stage 2 – formal interview with Sarah & Scarlett.